Play Player 2

Play Player 2

Player 2 is a game about resolving conflicts with others that involves the real experiences of the player as an experiment into exoludic games.

Player 2 was created for the “Your Enemies Don’t Have To Die For You To Win” #CreativeConflictJam

Play Player 2 here

Update 8/30/13: Player 2 shirts are now available!

Share →

7 Responses to Player 2: A game by Lydia Neon

1. Thank you for doing this, for making this, It really helps me get over things that happen to me, I think I’ll use it everyday. Thank you for being you. <3

2. Hannah says:

Thank you. You don’t realize how much this helped me. Thanks. So much.

3. Someone says:

I tried to play the game, but I was disturbed that a few screens in, the ONLY options it offered were wanting to do horrible things to the other person. Yes, sometimes that’s how it feels in some conflicts, but that’s not the situation at all and it’s upsetting. There was no option that DIDN’T involve wanting to do horrific physical or emotional violence, which is very upsetting.

I had no choice but to hit ESC, and now I feel worse than I did before. Good show.

• Someone else says:

I didn’t like that either, but the next screen clarifies it and gives you a different option. I’m still a bit angry with my situation, but the thought of letting squirrels loose has made me giggle. And helped me realise that I would never do that. It wouldn’t be fair to the squirrels.

• Tiasn says:

I do agree that a lot of the options were are violent, especially for this setting. I personally love the idea of sewing prawns onto their bedsheets (it would be fitting payback for the time they put worms into my pillow cover) but yes, the next page asks you what you would actually like to do. I am quite sure they were supposed to be jokes and to help you realise that you don’t want to actually go through with any of them.

4. Zoƫ says:

I just found this recently. I don’t think anything else has been so good at helping me start to release some of the anger and pain that’s kept me down. Thank you. Thank you so much.

5. Tiasn says:

I stumbled across this by chance after randomly following a link on someone’s blog. I didn’t expect this. I definitely didn’t expect to cry as much as I did. Thank you.